Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Review
Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Details
|Software provider||Iron Dog Studio|
|Number of ways||64–117,649|
Are you brave enough to roam the wild Amazonian jungle in search of lost temples and riches? Aztec Wilds Megaways™ is ready to make the journey worthwhile with a top payout of 12,000x, three types of wild symbols, and an avalanche of free spins with multipliers!
- Top Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Casinos
- Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Free Play Demo
- What Is Aztec Wilds Megaways™?
- Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Key Facts & Ratings
- Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Top Features
- Buy Pass
- Aztec Wilds Megaways™ RTP, Volatility and Win Potential
- Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Stakes and Betting Range
- Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
- Paytable and Special Symbols
- Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Mobile Play
- Aztec Wilds Slot vs Aztec Wilds Megaways™
- How To Play the Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Slot
- Aztec Wilds Megaways™ – Pros & Cons
- Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Slot Verdict
- Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
- Aztec Wilds Megaways™ FAQs
Top Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Casinos
The game isn’t out yet but, don’t worry, we’ll complete this section with the best online casinos to try it at once it is!
Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Free Play Demo
What Is Aztec Wilds Megaways™?
Aztec Wilds Megaways™ is an Aztec-themed video slot from Iron Dog Studio, set to be released on the 11th October 2022. If the name sounds familiar to you, then that’s because the game itself is the Megaways™ version and sequel to the provider’s previous Aztec Wilds slot released back in 2020.
Players are invited to once again discover and explore the midst of a fictional temple where Aztec Wilds or special statues reside, ready to award explosive wins. With the unearthing of the Aztec theme, we’re also being reacquainted with several key symbols from the previous launch, such as stone ruins, multicoloured God and animal illustrations, and ancient artefacts.
This time round, thanks to the introduction of the Megaways™ slots engine developed by Big Time Gaming, players can enjoy an expanded configuration of ways to win – up to 117,649, which is certainly a lot when compared to the previous game’s modest 1,024 paylines.
In addition, several bonus features caught our attention instantly, such as the multiple types of wild symbols (regular, sticky, Aztec wild), win reactions or tumbles in the base game, free spins, and the much-appreciated buy pass!
All of the above are classic traits of the genre that we’ve found in other games in our Megaways™ slots list. So, if you’re just as eager to learn about them and experience an unforgettable trip to the South American jungle, keep reading our Aztec Wilds Megaways™ slot review!
Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Key Facts & Ratings
- Bets: £/€/$0.10– £/€/$50
- Ways of winning: Up To 117,649
- Theme: Aztec, South America, Ancient Gods, Stone Ruins, Jungle
- Symbols: 10, J, Q, K, A card suit symbols + Golden, Green & Blue Animal Stone Carvings, Snake, Bird & God Character
- Wild: Regular Wild, Sticky Wild, Aztec Wild
- Scatter: No
- Free Spins: Yes
- Bonus Games: Yes
- Devices: Desktop, tablet, smartphone
Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Top Features
The calling card that made the Aztec Wilds slot so memorable is back in Aztec Wilds Megaways™– and that is the elusive wild symbol. Depending on where the latter lands, it will fulfil different roles, either substituting different symbols, multiplying wins, or staying put for the next spin.
Other interesting features to note are the free spins, which aren’t triggered by scatter symbols but by consecutive tumbles. And, if you want to speed-run this process and you’re based outside the United Kingdom, you can also purchase them for a fixed cost.
The tumble mechanic is making a comeback, and it’s more lucrative than ever! Do keep in mind that you may also find it under different names, such as win reactions, reactions, avalanches or the cascading reels feature. It’s the same on screen, but the name differs depending on the developer.
Here’s how it works: when you land a winning combination, the lucky symbols involved will get crushed, while new, randomly determined symbols tumble from above. What this does is create the opportunity for multiple wins with the same spin.
Multiple Types of Wild Symbols
We couldn’t have a slot game named Aztec Wilds Megaways™ without a myriad of wild symbols to keep us company in the temple, could we?
Well, Iron Dog Studio truly outdid itself with the insertion of three types of wilds, which is quite rare for a Megaways™ slot:
- Normal Wild – Can appear anywhere aside from Reel 1, both in the base game and the free spins. It substitutes all other regular symbols, and may be accompanied by multipliers during the free spins. It cannot substitute other wilds.
- Sticky Wild – Appears only on Reels 2, 3, and 4 during the free spins feature and substitutes regular icons. It’s accompanied by a progressive win multiplier that starts at 1x and increases by +1 for every consecutive tumble. Sticky wilds stay in place while consecutive tumbles commence, and the value of the win multiplier re-sets at the end of the spin sequence. There is no upper limit to the maximum value of the multiplier.
- Aztec Wild – The star of the show is the Aztec Wild: it appears on Reels 3 and 4 during the base game and free spins, and substitutes regular paying symbols. However, this type of wild is also able to reproduce, creating up to three more Aztec Wilds on Reels 2, 3, 4, and 5. Furthermore, if Aztec Wild symbols are created on the same reel as regular wilds during free spins, the multiplier value of normal wilds increases by 1x.
One key aspect to note is the lack of a scatter symbol, which is a common feature in most Megaways™ slots. Instead, a set number of free spins will be triggered depending on the number of consecutive tumbles you manage at one go:
- Four Tumbles – Eight Free Spins
- Five Tumbles – Ten Free Spins
- Six Tumbles – 12 Free Spins
- Seven Tumbles – 14 Free Spins
These free spins also come with a win multiplier that starts at 1x.
Once you land at least five consecutive wins, each win thereafter will come with an increase of the multiplier value by +1, up to a maximum of 3x. The value of the multiplier will not reset in between free spins.
Another interesting trait to note is that Iron Dog Studio also grants you the chance to earn additional free spins on consecutive wins AND consecutive losses. Here’s how:
- Four consecutive winning spins – Two extra free spins
- Four-plus consecutive winning spins – Extra free spin with no upper limit
- Four consecutive losing spins – Two extra free spins
- More than four consecutive losing spins – Extra free spin with no upper limit
Players from eligible jurisdictions can also benefit from a bonus buy feature, which will be listed on the top right side of the slot window.
There are two options available, both of which trigger the bonus instantly:
- Pay 85x your total bet to get eight free spins
- Pay 115x your total bet to get ten free spins
We should note that purchasing the bonus will also give you a better RTP score of 96.3%.
If you’re a British player, unfortunately, you won’t have access to the buy pass, as the feature has been prohibited by the UK Gambling Commission.
Aztec Wilds Megaways™ RTP, Volatility and Win Potential
This Amazonian jungle exploration offers a lot of excitement for treasure hunters everywhere, but the RTP (Return-To-Player) score is not one of them. At only 95.82%, this score is quite disappointing for a Megaways™ slot.
The only way to get better odds is to purchase the bonus, meaning that some players will be priced out of the opportunity or simply have no access to it on legal grounds.
This is also a high volatility title, where payouts are harder to come, so you must exercise patience and manage your budget carefully.
The maximum win is capped at a modest 12,000x your stake – depending on the size of your bet, that puts the real-money value between £/€/$1,200 and £/€/$600,000.
Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Stakes and Betting Range
Based on the betting range available, it’s safe to assume Aztec Wilds Megaways™ proposes an overall budget-friendly journey. It can be played for only £/€/$0.10 per spin, making it a great low-stakes Megaways™ title.
At the upper end of the range, the limit is £/€/$50, presenting some interest to high rollers (though high-roller slots Megaways™ for players who want to stake more are also available).
Theme, Slot Design & User Experience
Iron Dog Studio surely deserves some praise for the originality of its Aztec Wilds concept – players are urged to solve riddles or match symbols in the best combinations to gain entrance into an ancient temple. Here, they must collect a set of valuable stone statues, cleverly named Aztec Wilds.
A subtle design change in the Megaways™ version can be seen in the colours and lighting, which signals a switch in the time of day – the first game was set at dawn, while this sequel takes us to an exploration in broad daylight.
The game itself has some beautiful, crisp graphics and is accompanied by a thematic, tribal soundtrack that sets the mood nicely. It’s also exceptionally easy to play, so you won’t have any problem figuring it out.
Paytable and Special Symbols
Because the slot is based on the Aztecs, a famous Mesoamerican culture known for its imposing city-states, temples, and religious beliefs, it makes sense that the special symbols will be evocative of all the above:
- Low-value symbols – 10 to A card suit symbols, pay between 0.6x and 1.5x your stake for six of a kind
- Medium & High-Value Symbols – Yellow, green, and blue animal stone carvings, followed by snake, bird, and god figures (pay between 2x and 10x your stake for six of a kind).
- Special Symbols – Three types of wild symbols: regular, sticky, and Aztec wilds (or replicating wilds).
Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Mobile Play
Because it’s an ultra-modern release, Aztec Wilds Megaways™ will most likely use HTML5/JS technologies. As a result, it will be compatible by default with smartphones and tablets running on Android/iOS software.
Aztec Wilds Slot vs Aztec Wilds Megaways™
Which title comes out on top – the original or the Megaways™ makeover? Here are the main changes to note:
|Aztec Wilds||Aztec Wilds Megaways™|
|Ways To Win:||1,024||64-117,649|
|RTP:||96%||95.82% & 96.3% with Bonus Buy Active|
|Bonus Features:||Tumbles, Free Spins, Three Types of Wild Symbols||Tumbles, Free Spins, Three Types of Wild Symbols, Bonus Buy|
How To Play the Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Slot
Aztec Wilds Megaways™ uses a format of six main reels with two to seven special symbols on each one. With every spin, you can unlock a different number of ways to win, ranging from 64 to 117,649 – this number will be listed on the top-left side of the slot window.
Other areas to look over before spinning are:
- Coin graphic element – Located in the bottom-left corner, here is where you can set your stakes using the arrows.
- Settings & Paytable – By visiting these sections, you can customise your game experience (e.g. turn off the music, press space to spin) and also go over the special symbols and their payout, the different bonus features, and RTP.
- Spinning Modes – You can opt for regular spins or Autoplay (the reels spin without outside intervention for a set number of rounds: 10 and 999).
Aztec Wilds Megaways™ – Pros & Cons
Are you done packing for your South American expedition? Here’s what to prepare for in the dense jungle ahead:
- Tumbles in the base game
- Multiple types of wilds (regular, replicating & sticky)
- Two options to buy the bonus
- Low RTP score
- Not many improvements to the original
- Overdone theme
Aztec Wilds Megaways™ Slot Verdict
The ancient civilisation of the Aztecs is a constant source of inspiration for online casino developers and one of the most popular slot themes to date. Aztec Wilds Megaways™ is a great example of one such slot, and a decent sequel from Iron Dog Studio. Tumble your way to new wins with improved graphics, multiple wild substitutions, an upgraded reel layout, and a much welcome bonus buy!
Other Popular Megaways™ Slots
- Read also: 300 Shields Mighty Ways
- Read also: The Great Pigsby Megaways™
- Read also: Eastern Emeralds Megaways™
- Read also: Hot Chilliways
- Read also: Cludeo Mighty Ways
- Read also: Into the Wild Megaways™
- Read also: Piggy Bank Megaways™
Aztec Wilds Megaways™ FAQs
This slot has an RTP of 96.2%.
In the base game, there are between 62 and 117,649 ways to win. However, during the free spins round, this goes up to 1,058,841.
1 Million Megaways™ BC has a high volatility, which means that wins may not be too frequent.
There is a minimum bet of 20p and a maximum bet of £20.
1 Million Megaways™ players can win up to an incredible 45,000x their bet.